Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Final Reflection - 30A



1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.

I really enjoyed taking this course. I learned something regarding entrepreneurship or myself during each one of the assignments. I didn't particularly like having to interview people or having to ask family members for personal feedback about myself, it felt weird and unnatural. I particularly didn't like the weeks where we had three assignments due, but overall I enjoyed all the assignments because I thought I learned from each one of them. The lowest point in the class was in the beginning on assignment 2A- Bug List. I finished the assignment too close to the due date time and couldn't figure out how to turn it and ended up being locked out from submitting it. I ended up with a 0, and it crushed my spirit. But thankfully I didn't allow this one assignment to set me back, and since they completed every single one of the assignments on time.n


2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?

For me, the assignments that I felt was the most formative was Venture Concept 1 & 2. It went into great detail about my future business and analyzed every aspect and ways to improve or change. Based on the feedback received, it allowed me to add a few things that I hadn't thought of. I really enjoyed the lectures overall. The professor has a fun way of teaching that is entertaining yet still informative enough that you retain all the information. The experience I didn't like was the elevator pitches because I struggle with those types of settings, so I'm proud that I managed to do all three pitches. I could have easily not done them, but I pulled through and completed them and felt like I improved with each one.


3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?

I didn't realize how much work being an entrepreneur involved. From having the right mindset to building a strong human, social, and financial capital. I didn't realize how important those factors were in building a business. I believe that being a business owner is the path I want to take. I'm still trying to figure out the appropriate steps to make, but I think based on my personality, entrepreneurship is the path I want to take. This class definitely reinforced that notion.


4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?

This class is not hard, but it is time-consuming and tedious. I like that there are only quizzes and no exams for the whole semester. I feel like I learned more because I didn't have the pressure or anxiety to pass an exam. I would recommend future students to watch the lectures at regular speed and make sure to pause and take good notes since the quizzes will be based on that information. Don't leave assignments for the last minute because it's impossible to do a good job on them if you're rushed, and some require you to contact people for interviews or feedback. For part C of the assignments and quizzes, I like to do them all on Friday, that way I can enjoy my weekend and risk not turning them in on Monday. One of my favorite assignments was the reading reflections because the best way to learn is from successful entrepreneurs. They share their downfalls but also methods on how they overcame their failures, which is valuable information that you can learn from.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Fiorella,

    When looking through my blog posts from the semester, I saw a lot of growth in not only my writing skills, but also the decisions that I made for my business. I'm glad that you didn't let a slip up with the first assignment ruin your mentality for the semester because I have enjoyed reading your blog posts these past few months. The venture concepts were definitely formative experiences for us as students and for our future careers. I learned a lot about the different aspects that need to be planned out before implementing a business. You did a great job using time management for this course to ensure success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiorella,

    I reflected on my own progress through this course, and we seem to have the same analysis. Entrepreneurship sometimes gets overshadowed by the booming tycoons that are finance, marketing and investing. But entrepreneurship entitles all of that, and more. It's a mindset that you can make money anywhere, and it's definitely the most important quality to have if you're going to succeed in business. I hope you continue to learn and keep an entrepreneurial mindset.

    ReplyDelete

Final Reflection - 30A

1) Read through your posts from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the f...